华人抗菌药物敏感性试验委员会（Chinese Committee on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing, ChiCAST）是欧洲临床微生物和感染病学会（ESCMID）欧洲药敏试验委员会（EUCAST）下设在中国的药敏委员会，该委员会于 2017 年 3 月成立，委员来自中国两岸三地、欧洲、美国，专家领域涵盖临床微生物学、临床感染病学、临床药理学、畜牧兽医学、抗菌药物制药企业及感染诊断企业。委员会下设临床细菌学组、临床真菌学组、临床药理学组、临床感染学组及畜牧兽医学组等亚专业组。主要任务为药敏试验相关内容（如方法学、折点等）标准化，开展有价值的药敏相关临床研究，对有争议的临床标本检测进行确认和鉴定，建立 ChiCAST 网站，传播 EUCAST 文件，开展国际间合作与交流，开展临床微生物实验室标准化培训和宣传教学，促进我国抗菌药物敏感性试验工作的健康发展。
The Chinese AST Committee for China, named as the Chinese Committee on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (ChiCAST) joined EUCAST.
The organization was founded by experts in fields of clinical microbiology, clinical infectious disease, clinical pharmacology and veterinary medicine. This effort is supported by several domestic professional societies and a broad base of scientists across the disciplines of infectious disease, laboratory medicine, pharmacology and pharmacodynamics, toxicology, in vitro and in vivo modeling, antimicrobial discovery and development, resistance surveillance and monitoring, antimicrobial drug stewardship, and the epidemiology of infections.
Membership: The committee structure consist of chairman, vice chairman, scientific secretary, standing committee, general committee, academic advisor, secretariat and members. The Chairman is Professor Yingchun Xu (Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing). The vice chairmans are Professor Yunsong Yu (Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Zhejiang university school of medicine) and Professor Ming Zhao (centre for drug evaluation, China Food and Drug Administration). The scientific secretary general is Dr Qiwen Yang (Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing).
The standing committee is comprised of 25 experts from the fields of clinical microbiology, clinical ID, clinical pharmacology and veterinary medicine.The general committee and academic advisor are comprised of 40 and 15 experts, respectively.
1. Provide a venue for Chinese individual practitioners/scientists and medical societies to interact with the EUCAST/EMA process of antimicrobial testing and development of interpretive criteria. Create ChiCAST website and translate the EUCAST documents and guidelines related to antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
2. Review and endorse the "best use choice" of established reference and standardized antimicrobial susceptibility testing methods currently found in public domain documents for dilution and agar disk diffusion procedures.
3. Using China-FDA Microbiology Sections of product package inserts, CLSI tables and EUCAST published guidelines, review clinical breakpoints and provide best, consensus published breakpoints recommendations to the agency and for use in Chinese medical practice.
4. Review new agent development data regarding those items impacting the selection of antimicrobial susceptibility testing breakpoint criteria for clinical practice. Conduct scientific research on antimicrobial susceptibility testing and breakpoint settings.
5. Provide readily accessible breakpoints and other guidelines for antimicrobial chemotherapy related to tested available agents, on an electronic format (online/website) to minimize cost and maximize widespread clinical/laboratory utility. Rapid application of breakpoints would be facilitated by collaborations with commercial susceptibility testing systems manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
6. Seek continued support and/or participations from established investigators in the disciplines important to antimicrobial breakpoint determinations.
Meetings: The ChiCAST members will meet face to face at least once per year. Additional meetings will be scheduled during national and international meetings (Peking Union Medical College Forum, ECCMID, etc) and via teleconference, as needed by ChiCAST committee.
Prof Yingchun Xu, Email: xycpumch[at]139.com
Dr Qiwen Yang, Email: yangqiwen81[at]163.com